When I went down to Santa Barbara this past winter vacation, I stayed with my best friend Jessica McMillan and her mom. We had the best time starting my acknowledgement journey. You see, despite the fact that I had a belly like a watermelon, I was sort of in denial that I was pregnant and therefore I had not really acknowledged the occasion by buying anything.
At this point, I was five months along and showing well. So my friend Jessica took me to all the thrift stores in Santa Barbara and we started picking out baby clothes. Her theory was that since she lives in New Jersey and won't be able to see the girls everyday, that she would get to buy them some clothes. And since they were used clothes, I wouldn't feel weird about buying them because it wasn't like a huge investment. Anyone that knows anything about Santa Barbara knows that people dress well and throw out barely used clothes often.
So Jessica and I got about two or three bags worth of gently used baby clothes to start me on my baby journey. One of the outfits that were my favorite were these tiny brown onsies. Having two girls, I often see clothes in pink and although I have nothing personal against the color, anything in repetition gets tiring after a while. So finding these two brown onsies was a special treat. But I was worried that they would be too small. So I asked the lady at the counter if there would really be babies small enough to fit these tiny onesies. She replied, "Most definitely, and if you're having twins, you might get to see them in real life."
And so I did. And now that the girls are one month old (technically six weeks now!), they finally fit!
Abigail is modeling the polka dots below on the blanket that my mom bought. I thought this blanket might be a good measurement for their size over the next twelve months as I could measure their growth against the wording on the front.
Annabelle is modeling the flowered onesie below.
And here are the sister together....Cute as a button!
You can see how active Annabelle's body is by her hand and leg postures. Abigail is very observant with her eyes.
Thanks Jessica!!! Kisses!
2 comments:
Those girls are so beautiful. I love the colors. They are great. Like you say, all of the pink can get overwhelming and you have chosen wonderful colors
to reflect your style.
I think I need to go to SB and hit up the second hand stores myself. Nice stuff!
Precious!
Post a Comment