Okay, I've been remiss in not posting about my fourth and final shower. I'll give myself credit. It was held on March 20, 2010. Yes, a mere 8 days before I gave birth. So I sort of have an excuse for not posting about it. But with the Twilight Saga: Eclipse movie out now, I thought I would finally post on this wonderful party.
The hosts Lynda Bergner and Stacey Posey, both from work, decided that I had too many showers already so this was going to be a party: A Twilight Party.
It all started in January of 2009, when one of the girls in our work group started reading the Twilight series. She got addicted and then gave her books one person, and then the next person got addicted and gave her books to the next person. Soon enough all six of us (Stacey, Lynda, Rachael, Rhonda, and Patti) were reading the series and would come to work giddy to talk about what was happening in the books. At the same time, my little girl Jordan brought the Twilight movie over to my house and we watched it together. She was madly in love. This started my infatuation with the series, and in my research I learned that the author had loosely based each of her four novels on a classic:
1) Twilight - based upon Pride and Prejudice
2) New Moon - based upon Romeo and Juliet
3) Eclipse - based upon Wuthering Heights
4) Breaking Dawn - based upon Merchant of Venice and Midsummer Nights Dream
So we started a Twilight club over the summer. We would read the book Twilight on our own time, then meet up and watch the movie and have a potluck. Then we would read Pride and Prejudice on our own time, then meet up and watch the movie and have a potluck. It really was just a fun excuse to get together and be girls! So far, we've completed Wuthering Heights and are looking forward to seeing the Eclipse movie tomorrow!!! It has been a blast of a year getting together and eating together.
At this Twilight club meeting (aka: shower), Lynda made the most delicious meal ever of chicken pasta (she had a name for it, but I forgot), yummy salad, bread and delicious drinks. She even had a freezer full of ice pops to put on my hugely swollen feet. At this time, I was 36 weeks and running a nice warm temperature so they got me an ice cream cake, with black and red frosting to fit with the Twilight theme (see black teeth in pictures!) :-)
After we all ate dinner, and debated our favorite Twilight characters, the girls all surrounded me with tons of presents. For such a small group, I was surprised all the things they got me! My little girl Jordan and her little sister Savannah (now members of the Twilight group) got me a huge basket of clothes, hangers and other goodies, good friend Rachael got three blankets embroidered with adorable loving sayings and then used them to wrap up boxes of diapers and wipes, and a beautiful Creative Memories photo album. Rhonda and Barbara got me wonderfully generous gift certificates to Target; Lilia got me the cutest baby sunglasses, and adorable outfits for the girls. And the entire Twilight group got together and bought the twin McClaren stroller!!! What a surprise! And to top it off, the girls each got onsides with "Team Edward" and "Team Jacob" printed on the front. True Twilight style! And to top that all off, they surprised me again with my own copy of the DVD New Moon which we watched after the festivities were over.
The most relaxing, wonderful, amazing way to end my non-parenting days... Wonderful memories. Tomorrow, I will have the gang over at my house for a Twilight Marathon of sorts where we will watch Twilight and New Moon, have dinner, and then head off to see Eclipse at the Theater. I will be sad when our Twilight Journey ends after the fourth movie is made.
Thanks ladies! You got me through some really stressful times with this wonderful distraction.... Love to you!
lick to See Twilight Shower Photos
6 comments:
Ok, I love that "team Jacob" is sticking her little tongue out and then they BOTH crack up! woohoo! That's my girls! I am so excited for today! Those pictures are ADORABLE!
Awwww. My babies. Oh how I love your cute little faces. I have been sharing the Twihard photos to everyone. They are so precious.
I've heard of the series, of course, but have not read any of the books nor seen the movies but I sure know plenty of people who have! And, I am a big Amazon-er and so have even delighted in reading the reviews of the books because I enjoy 'hearing' what people 'get' out of things and what it means to them. So, if you ever have a chance, read a review or two. (I like reading reviews on anything actually).
A cousin of a co-worker has started something similar to your group but somehow they have made Bible Study Groups out of the series - taking whatever 'lessons' from the books and applying them to a Biblical principle, I guess.
They also have a website and I hear it has really exploded. Sounds all good and certainly fun!
Oh, the girls are getting just so cute and so chubby! Love that tongue out - ha!
Gail! Interesting about the Bible group. It fits though (sort of) considering the writer is Mormon.
OMG! The pictures are hilarious. You are welcome again for the sun glasses and the outfits. The girls are so darn cute. I wish I lived closer to hang out with you ladies and be in the book club. Miss you all.
Post a Comment